Board of Education
The Round Lake School District Board of Education is composed of seven citizens of the Round Lake Area. Members serve without compensation and are elected to four-year terms in April of odd-numbered years.
The Board of Education is a policy-making body that reflects the needs and interest of the taxpayers. One of the most important responsibilities of the Board of Education is to hire and evaluate the superintendent of schools. The Board of Education also sets educational goals and policies for the schools based upon state laws and community values.
Other responsibilities include:
- Authorizing the employment of staff members and setting their salaries
- Determining educational standards and goals and monitoring district performance
- Authorizing curriculum development and revision
- Securing money for school operational needs and building programs
- Adopting and monitoring a budget sufficient to carry out the district's goals
- Authorizing expenditures
2018 School Board Governance Award Designation
Congratulations to the RLAS-116 Board of Education. They are one of only 24 to earn the Illinois Association of School Board's 2018 School Board Governance Recognition designation. This recognition is designed to acknowledge those school boards that have engaged in activities and modeled behaviors that lead to excellence in local school governance in support of quality public education.
September 28, 2020
October 5, 2020
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Board of Education Community Engagement Committee
October 26, 2020
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Board of Education Finance Committee Meeting