To develop opportunities that inspire the global community of learners to utilize diverse approaches in applying 21st century skills and creativity.
The Destination Imagination program is a fun, hands-on system of learning that fosters students’ creativity, courage and curiosity through open-ended academic Challenges in the fields of STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics), fine arts and service learning. Our participants learn patience, flexibility, persistence, ethics, respect for others and their ideas, and the collaborative problem solving process. Teams may showcase their solutions at a tournament.
To teach students the creative process and empower them with the skills needed to succeed in an ever-changing world.
The Creative Process
Destination Imagination participants experience these components of the creative process while solving Challenges.
- Becoming aware of the Challenge
- Gaining an in-depth understanding of the Challenge
- Generating ideas with team members
- Focusing on promising ideas
- Creating a project timeline
Initiate & Collaborate
- Researching, exploring and experimenting
- Committing to options; building and completing all requirements
- Assessing progress; reworking or reimagining ideas
- Practicing presenting the solution
Evaluate & Celebrate
- Presenting at a tournament
- Reflecting on and celebrating the experience