PBIS—or Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports—is a behavior support program that recognizes the positive contributions of students. The main goal is to create a safe and positive environment for school, family, and community.
Beach Bobcats are RESPECTFUL, RESPONSIBLE, and SAFE!
The Beach School staff believes in frequent recognition of students who have demonstrated outstanding behavior throughout the day. In our efforts to reinforce positive behaviors, students are rewarded daily for their actions with “Bobcat Bucks” that are entered in drawings and exchanged for incentives.
Our SCHOOL STORE is open every Friday, and students are allowed to shop during their set recess time. Students can exchange their hard-earned bobcat bucks for awesome prizes and incentives!
Through PBIS students can be given responsibilities and become more involved at Beach! Some of these responsibilities include, students on special assignment (SOSAs), assembly set-up crew, hallway monitors, and student representatives at after school PBIS meetings.
What can you do to help your student stay on the path to positive behavior?
- Together, the home, school, and community share the responsibility for developing good citizens. Parents, teachers, and students must collaborate to maintain a safe learning environment. Parents can help by doing the following:
- Review the Beach School Expectations with your child and post it in your home.
- Keep in touch with your child’s teacher.
- Encourage your child to use appropriate language.
- Practice caring phrases with your child such as “Thank you,” “Excuse me,” “Please,” and “I’m sorry.”
- Be a contributing member of your child’s school. Volunteer, attend PTO meetings and other school activities.