2.120 - Graduation Requirements [HS]
To graduate from high school, unless otherwise exempted, each student is responsible for:
- Completing all District graduation requirements that are in addition to State graduation requirements.
- Completing all courses as provided in the School Code, 105 ILCS 5/27-22.
- Completing all minimum requirements for graduation as specified by the Illinois State Board of Education rule, 23 Ill. Admin. Code 1.440.
- Passing an examination on patriotism and principles of representative government, proper use of the flag, methods of voting, and the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Participating in the State assessments that are required for graduation by the School Code, 105 ILCS 5/2-3.64a-5(c).
- Beginning with the 2020-2021 school year, filing one of the following:
(1) a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with the U.S. Department of Education,
(2) an application for State financial aid,
(3) an Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) waiver form indicating that the student understands what these aid opportunities are and has chosen not to file an application.
If the student is not at least 18 years of age or legally emancipated, the student's parent/guardian must file one of these documents on the student's behalf.
Note: A student is exempt from this requirement if:
(1) the student is unable to file a financial aid application or an ISBE waiver due to extenuating circumstances,
(2) the Building Principal attests the District made a good faith effort to assist the student or the student's parent/guardian with filing a financial aid application or ISBE waiver form, and
(3) the student has met all other graduation requirements.
Round Lake Area Schools Community Unit District 116 Policy, 6:300, Graduation Requirements