Welcome to PAC! The Parent Advisory Committee is an organization operated by RLAS parents and supported by district staff. This organization is not the same as the Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee (BPAC). Each of these organizations has a different task that is dictated by our grant funding.
The goal of these grant funds is to build the capacity of the school's Title I parents to become more effective partners with the school to improve student achievement. Title I schools and parents of the students served in the Title I program must jointly agree upon the use of these grant funds to support increased parent involvement in all activities related to the improvement of student academic achievement.
Our goal is to make PAC a place where all parents, regardless of their native language, can participate with other groups of parents throughout the district to make our schools better.
What is a Title I Grant?
The purpose of Title I is to provide all children a significant opportunity to receive a fair, equitable, and high-quality education, and to close educational achievement gaps.
How do schools receive these funds?
Schools must have a high level of poverty. Schools with a percentage of at least 40% are eligible for a schoolwide program.
Why do schools receive these funds?
Title I funds support students who are low achieving or at most risk of falling behind.
What are the goals of the funds?
- Increase academic achievement
- Provide direct instructional support to students
- Provide professional development to teachers
- Promote parent education and involvement
Parents Right to be Involved
Parents have the following rights to be involved:
- Ask for meetings and training
- Make suggestions for spending Title I parent and family engagement funds
- Review the school's achievement data
- Upon request of parents, a school must provide opportunities for parents to formulate suggestions and to participate, as appropriate, in decisions about the education of their children
- If you have questions of concerns relating to your child's performance in school or other issues, please contact the school.