5.10 - Immunization, Health, Eye and Dental Examinations
ISBE [Illinois State Board of Education] > Illinois Certificate of Religious Exemption To Required Immunizations and/or Examinations Form
Visit the Health Services homepage for physical, immunization, vision and dental examination forms and waivers.
All immunizations must be completed and on file prior to the first day of school. Students who do not comply with these requirements will be excluded from school after October 15th.
If claiming a religious exemption for immunizations, parents must submit a religious exemption form. Religious exemption forms are available through the Illinois State Board of Education and MUST BE SIGNED BY A PHYSICIAN.
There continue to be changes to the Illinois Immunization requirements each school year. Please see below for all 2019-2020 requirements.
- All students entering grades 6,7,8, 9, 10 and 12 will be required to show proof of recent Meningococcal conjugate vaccination (MCV). All grade 6-10 students must have 1 dose at school entry. Grade 12 must have 2 doses at school entry; 2nd dose must be administered on or after child’s 16th birthday.
- Children entering school at any grade level (Kindergarten - 12) shall show proof of having received 2 doses of live virus Measles, Mumps, and Rubella vaccines, the first dose on or after the first birthday and the second dose no less than four weeks (28 days) after the first dose, or other proof of immunity.
- Children entering school at any grade level (Kindergarten - 12) shall show proof of having received three doses of Hepatitis B Vaccine.
- Children entering grades Kindergarten, 1, and 2 must have four or more doses of Polio and DTP/ Dtap vaccine, with the fourth dose given on or after the 4th birthday. Children entering grades 3-12 must have three or more doses of Polio and DTP/Dtap vaccine, with the third dose given on or after the 4th birthday.
- Children entering school at any grade level (Kindergarten - 12) must show proof of having received 2 doses of Varicella (chickenpox vaccine) or statement from physician or health care provider verifying disease history.
- All students entering grades 6-12 must show proof of receiving one dose of Tdap vaccine (Tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis) regardless of interval since last Dtap, DT or Td dose.
Certificate of Child Health Examination (physicals) and Immunization Verification forms must be completed in their entirety for all students entering grades Preschool, Kindergarten, 6, 9 and new to District. Forms must be completed prior to the start of school to avoid student exclusion. Please note that only an Illinois physical health form will be accepted. Students entering from out of state at all grade levels are required to have an Illinois physical.
Any student wishing to participate in district sponsored sports (competitive or intramural) must have a physical on file. The physical must be current- less than one year old, and may be a Certificate of Child Health Examination or IIHSA sports physical form.
Eye Examination Requirements:
Proof of an eye examination by an ophthalmologist must be submitted to the school no later than October 15 of the year the child is first enrolled (Kindergarten, 2nd, and 6th grades) or within 30 days of enrollment from out of state. Eye Examination must be completed on the State of Illinois Eye Examination form. For families facing extreme hardships, the State of Illinois does allow for the submission of a waiver in lieu of the vision exam form.
All students in grades Kindergarten, 2, 6, and 9 must have an oral health examination performed by a licensed dentist between 11/15/17 and 5/15/19 (18 month period). Dental examinations must be completed on the State of Illinois Proof of Dental Examination form and turned into your child’s school no later than May 15, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact the health (nurse's) office at your child's school or call 847.270.9000 and ask to be connected with the District Health Office.