Murphy Intramural Boys Basketball 2019
Hello parents and students! Welcome to the 2019basketball season. My name is Ms. Bloomfield and I will be your son’s coach. I would like to take a second to talk about my goal for the season. For many of the children this is the first time they are participating in basketball or being part of a team. My primary goal is to create an environment where each child can grow, learn, and enjoy themselves. With that being said, I would also like to be competitive!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free to contact me. Email is best, as I am in class all day and won’t have time for phone conversations until after school. I look forward to having a fun learning experience and a chance on teaching your son a fun and exciting game!
- Our practices will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3-4 pm in the Murphy gymnasium. When picking up your child, please pick them up at the gym doors in the back of the school. Please be on time to pick up your child. I wait for each student to be picked up before I go anywhere, and I would like to get home to other responsibilities! There will not be a bus service available at this time. It is ok if your child is a walker as well. I will send them straight home.
- If you plan on carpooling with other parents on the team, that is fine too. Please send a note with your son explaining who you plan on carpooling with.
- Remember we are role models for our children. Please display appropriate behavior during games. Mistakes will be made, this is a learning process! We are representing our school, town and ourselves! Let’s keep the shouting to shouts of joy and cheer during games! If you have any concerns, please talk to me AFTER games or practices. Remember this is probably the first time everyone is playing!
- Should go without saying, but gym shoes are required to play! The jerseys we will use this year will be the tie-dye shirts the students created earlier this year. Jerseys are required for the games.
- Attendance at practice is REQUIRED! If your son needs to miss practice for any reason please let me know.
- Students MUST maintain grades. Any student receiving an “F” in any class will not be allowed to play the following week M-F.
- Students who receive an ODR/write-up will not participate in the next scheduled game or practice.
- NEW THIS YEAR… on Sat. Dec. 7th we will have 2 games at Round Lake High School in one of the gymnasiums. We are not sure of the time yet but it will probably be early morning.
Degrees and Certifications:
Thurs. Oct 17th
Tues. Dec. 3rd - AWAY Murphy @ Beachh
Tues. Oct. 22nd
Thurs. Dec. 5th HOME vs. Indian Hill
Tues. Oct. 29th
Sat. Dec. 7th Basketball Jamboree @ RLHS 8am
Tues. Nov. 5th
Thurs. Nov. 7th
Tues. Nov. 12th
Thurs. Nov. 14th
Tues. Nov. 19th
Thurs. Nov. 21st
Mon. Dec. 2nd