5-Year Strategic Plan (2015-2020)
On February 21, 2015 a group of fifty individuals (50% staff, 50% parents/community members) participated in a Strategic Planning session facilitated by Illinois Association of School Boards representative, Barb Toney. The goal of this meeting was to establish a proposed mission, vision, and set of core values and beliefs, all supporting the areas of Student Achievement, Programs/Services/Curriculum, Facilities and Physical Plant, District Financial Condition, and Community/District Relations. These areas served to support district leadership during the develop the final 5-Year Strategic Plan (2016-2020).
On June 15, 2015, the RLAS-116 Board of Education approved the final 5-Year Strategic Plan. Each summer, the Board of Education approves the upcoming school year's strategic plan initiatives.
Ensure educational excellence for everyone
To become a nationally top-ranked school district
Core Values & Beliefs
- All students can grow into productive members of their community.
- Staff must hold high expectations for both themselves and students.
- Staff must build healthy relationships with students.
- Parent involvement/engagement is essential to student success.
- Positive community relations depends upon mutual transparency, trust, communication and partnerships.